Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan Mofo: Day 4, More School Lunches


Here are some more peeks into
my 10 year old's lunchbox:

His first initial "F" shaped cashew butter/fruit spread sandwiches, Sea's Gift seaweed paper snack (We love these!), a Klean Kanteen full (as always) of non-dairy milk, red bell pepper slices, and apple & kiwi slices.

Brothers-All-Natural freeze dried apple crisps (we order these in bulk through Amazon subscribe & save), black-eyed peas, red bell pepper slices, brown rice pasta with broccoli, hemp seeds, & olive oil, and part of a granola bar.

Baked tofu, slices of Vegan Gourmet cheese, grape tomatoes, carrots, orange bell peppers, Surf Sweets sour worms, half of an apple, and Annie's fun-shaped saltines.

A banana, kiwi slices, pasta with broccoli, hemp and sesame seeds, and olive oil, and walnuts and brazil nuts in the center.

A plum, baggie of baby carrots, pasta with broccoli, edamame, hemp & sesame seeds, and olive oil. (Yes, he has this in his lunch a lot...he likes it, and it's my go-to when I realize I'm out of bread that morning.)

A sandwich with Tofurky deli slices, avocado, tomato, & Vegenaise, a pear, piece of pumpkin pie, 2 Brazil nuts, and fresh mixed berries.

Carrots, walnuts, Great Northern beans with ketchup, toast with Earth Balance and hempseeds, GoGo squeeZ apple sauce, Sea's Gift seaweed paper, and a few leftover Whizzers.

If you haven't been checking out any of the Vegan MoFo posts, there are around 700 blogs participating. Take a look.

And here's my $40 CSN giveaway going on until November 11th!

14 comments:

  1. Those are some well-rounded lunches! I love the letter-shaped sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I eat beans with ketchup, and my husband thinks it's the weirdest thing in the world!!! Nice to know I'm not alone. There's just something about it, I don't know... this little tidbit just made my evening.

    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the last lunch.

    Did I tell you I read this whole blog last night when I was having insomnia? Thanks for the good read. Hope you don't think I am a crazy stalker. I just like reading vegan blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I"m so impressed with the variety of healthy foods you pack for your kiddos, and also how you always include some sort of little treat. That's so awesome. Maybe I will sneak into your house sometime and try to trick you into packing me a lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. I forgot to mention that I love the "F" sandwiches you made for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously loving the lunches. How fun and creative. I think I just always had a sandwich, chips, and Little Debbie snack cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously want you to start packing my lunch...ha :o) Your kids have the best looking lunches~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mind-blowing variety and very progressive to send him off with hemp seeds and seaweed paper. What kind of attention do his healthy lunches draw from the other kids/teachers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks great! I love what youve done with the place! ;) And these lunches...mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look like awesome lunches for anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lunches! I'll have you know I read this post this morning (didn't comment, just lurked), but went to Whole Foods later to get some healthy snackies for my kidlets. And, I told them on the way specifically about your post. We shop at Whole Foods a lot, but you influenced me on where to get a snack while we were out and about. Thought you'd want to know...sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the vegan lunch examples! Very kid friendly and nutritious...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking of posting some of my kids' lunches too. We use the lunchbots and klean kanteens too, along with some other stainless steel containers. We have the laptop lunch system too, but I stopped using them a while back because they're such a pain to clean. I have a new one that I use for my son called easy lunchboxes that I really like too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are you packing lunches for if they are homeschooled? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete