Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MoFo Day 3: Pei Wei

Since you were all so sweet about reading my very long post yesterday and commenting, I thought I'd give you a reading break today. This was a recent trip to one of the only restaurants we ever eat at in Little Rock: Pei Wei. I wrote more about our trip and how we tied it into our Asia homeschooling studies on my homeschool family blog.

This is what I always order at Pei Wei: the Japanese Teriyaki bowl with Tofu and Vegetables. I order it with rice noodles instead of rice...

...and no sauce. I think the Teriyaki sauce might contain honey (or at least sugar)? I just like the way it tastes plain, though. It feels healthier that way, and I love how firm all of the vegetables are. I'm not absolutely sure if the tofu is marinated in a sauce or anything, but I have talked to a manager on the phone who has told me it is only cooked in oil.

Reminder if you haven't been by yet: my CSN stores $40 giveaway is going on right now until November 11!

9 comments:

  1. That does looks like a delicious bowl of veggies and tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Pei Wei in ages. They used to have a soba noodle bowl I liked but they took it away. Humph...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the customization you do, and I like Pei Wei too. We don't have one here or I'd probably go more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very fresh-looking bowl of food that looks like it would be good with or without sauce. Sometimes I find myself scraping away the sauce, and just eating the veggies. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't like at least a little sauce. :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. since honey (i thought) wasnt traditionally used in Asian cooking..i never thought about it? the sugar in chinese restaurants has been on my mind lately though. i mentioned in my last comment that i had finally figured out that sugar really wasnt vegan(i tried to convince myself that it was one of those things that really couldnt be avoided, like killing bugs with your car)and stopped eating sugar. you are the first vegan i have talked to that was stricter than i was. you have given me new hieghts to reach for.

    hope this comment made sense? your kids are so cute and happy/friendly looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are so cute!!! That bowl of veggies and tofu looks yuumy!

    Oh my...I see I have missed several of your post...I have some catching up to do with you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ad for PeiWei. Our local PeiWei is located amongst too many other more worthwhile (IMO) eateries. Maybe you could post why PeiWei is one of the only restaurants you eat at in Little Rock? Very cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dirtyduck, I'm a reeeeallly strict eater. Without necessarily trying to be or thinking I have to be. I'm going to send you a reply email soon more about this.

    Thanks, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been months since I've eaten at Pei Wei - love it though! You're making me want to break my raw streak... =X

    ReplyDelete