Saturday, July 4, 2009

St. Louis Trip - New Nephew!

I am a week behind posting about my fun trip to St. Louis. I was in sort of an internet slump, for some reason. I'm back, though. And I'm sorry I haven't mastered the art of a short blog post yet. I'll work on it. My sister was having her second baby last Friday, and Tornado and I drove up there to take care of my niece, Winnie, and dog-nephew, Puddy, while they were at the hospital. We left Thursday and stayed until Sunday.As if it wasn't enough getting to spend time with my family and staying in a super cool loft in a fun city, Cary and Andy also gifted me with a Whole Foods gift card, a pretty scarf, and these cool silver-plated flowers (in their new home on my table). Not to mention - yummy, homemade strawberry muffins. Thank you so much, you guys.
I'm fairly sure I wasn't supposed to post a picture of Cary in her pajamas/Andy's boxers, but I'm overruling that because she looks super cute (cuter and skinnier than I've ever looked pregnant) - and it's the best picture to showcase her gargantuan stomach.

It's hard to resist a 600,000 square foot museum/indoor-outdoor playground (with a bus hanging off the roof) that can be seen right outside your window. Tornado was hopping up and down, chanting, "Museum, here we come!" over and over all morning...until we finally walked over to the City Museum.

I wish my entire house looked like the inside of the City Museum. You feel like you're in this bizarre Alice in Wonderland type world; it's fascinating. It's really amazing how everything is reclaimed/recycled - and honestly, potentially a little dangerous, which is kind of refreshing to experience, in this sign-a-release/lawsuit crazy world we live in.
Later...Winnie was clearly delighted to eat at the vegan restaurant, Vegadeli, in Chesterfield. :)
This is what we ordered to share...BBQ "Cheddar" veggie burger, sweet potatoes with apples and raisins, macaroni and "cheese", and nachos. We ended up going back the next day, too, (hee, hee) and ordered more macaroni (good stuff!), a "tuna" sandwich (made from seaweed and garbanzo beans - quite tasty), and lasagna (Winnie was a wild woman going after that one.).

We took Winnie to the hospital to meet her new baby brother, weighing in at 9.7 (see earlier picture of belly). We also had a fun time at the Museum of Transportation. Sunday morning, we decided to sneak in a little trip to the Arch before "Mom and Dad" got home. Tornado had never been to the top before, and he obviously loves a good museum.
me and Winnie, in the Museum of Westward Expansion, which is located underneath the Arch


  1. Thanks for posting all of these! What a special time Winnie was able to experience. THANK YOU so much for coming meant the world to us.
    I've linked this from my blog. Well, Andy did. That's something I don't really know how to do.

  2. You are so sweet. I like your long complaints here.

    What a special time for all of you! You and Cary look pretty similar, I think. It was nice to see your picture, too!

    Tornado really likes adventures with Mommy, huh?

  3. Looks like it was a GREAT trip!! Love all the pics and descriptions. You are such a fun mommy, aunt, and friend!