Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Food for a Day


What My Pregnant Stomach Devoured One Day:
Breakfast: Mix of steel cut oats and Bob's Red Mill Organic Creamy Buckwheat plus chopped walnuts, apples, and agave nectar

Lunch: Almond Grain Burger from Sol Cuisine with circle pieces of Food for Life GF Tortilla as the bun plus avocado, kale, and Cashew Cheese Sauce from Matthew Kenney's everyday raw

I was still hungry, so I had a little dish of the kids' Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta with marinara, hemp seeds, broccoli, and edamame on a bed of lettuce and kale.

Snack: Shake with frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, chocolate Sun Warrior Hemp Protein Powder, and almond milk

Supper: Fig & Food Soup (I think this is their Wheatberry & Vegetable Soup?) - I like the Fig & Food Soups with organic ingredients in their little BPA-free packages. Salad on the side with lettuce, kale, tomatoes, snap peas, and miso dressing.

12 comments:

  1. Your baby is sure getting some good grub, lucky, sweet, precious thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that is some great eating! Teaching the baby great habits right from the start! Everything looks delicious, bright, healthy and beautiful. great food day, I want to try all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous two comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using the GF tortilla as the bun. Definitely need to remember that when my sister visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious, especially your breakfast & the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicariously munching my way through this post, I feel satisfied and happy! What delicious, healthy eats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Carissa are certainly setting the bar high for pregnancy eats. At least she's posted the customary Pickles we're all used to seeing pregnant ladies eating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starving and that burger looks mighty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your nice comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Bob's Red Mill made a creamy buckwheat!! I'll have to check it out. I've recently started eating soaked raw buckwheat groats for breakfast.

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!
    http://tanyascooking.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely need to remember that when my sister visits,
    Love the idea of using the GF tortilla as the bun.

    ReplyDelete