Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pregnant Eats One Day


BREAKFAST
pomegranate arils and a grapefruit

SNACK
carrot sticks

SNACK
Banana Split Cake: This is cake #2 of the month. After the first one (recipe here), the kids had been begging me to make another one. There was no way my current girth could justify another one in the same month.

So I made some fat/sugar cutting changes, and we hardly noticed a difference (but if you're making it for a non-vegan, non-health conscious person, I'd just leave the ingredients as is). Bottom layer: Instead of 1/2 cup of melted Earth Balance, I used 1/4 with enough organic applesauce to blend in with the graham cracker crumbs. 2nd layer: Rather than 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 cup of Earth Balance, I cut those amounts in half, so that layer was half as thick.

I also added chocolate syrup this time, especially for Rose and Zoa! We have been enjoying our Chocagave.

Ingredients: Organic Nectars Raw Agave Syrup, Organic Nectars Raw Cacao Powder, Organic Vanilla Powder and Extract, Pink Crystal Salt


LUNCH
Tofu Kale Lasagna, using rice lasagna noodles, tofu blended in mixer with nutritional yeast, garlic, soymilk, and spices. Marinara and Daiya on top. Garlic bread on the side.

Snack: Sun Warrior Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder Smoothie with almond milk, frozen bananas, and frozen strawberries.

SUPPER
Caesar Salad, which I could eat every day, every meal, I think. (Dressing: mustard, lemon juice, garlic cloves, Bragg's, almonds, water, nutritional yeast.) Sunshine Burger, my favorite kind of packaged burger on French Meadow Bakery Hemp Bread with miso spread, mustard, Daiya (Do I eat too much Daiya? Probably so.), and avocado.

20 comments:

  1. I like the sound of that salad dressing--think I'm going to have to try it! The lasagna also looks especially scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad and burger sound awesome. I don't think it's possible to eat too much Daiya ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an awesome day of eats for you!!! I really want the lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I so need to get some of that Chocagave!
    The tofu kale lasagna looks and sounds so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I didn't know you were pregnant!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like a pregnant lady with all the nausea I've been having. So I can relate to your choices. Love the sound of that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am envious! What a good looking food day! I've been wondering how I can make a healthy lasagna, and now I am truly inspired! Chocoagave. . .banana split cake. . .oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good!! Especially that lasagna. I haven't tried brown rice noodles for lasagna yet...I'm going to have a look for some next time at the grocery store.

    Yaay, for the chocolate sauce; you've done it up so nice, looks like something you'd get in a restaurant or nice bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must know where to get the chocagave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG everything looks delicious. That lasagna, wow! And your breakfast is such a beautiful color :) You have to indulge the sweet tooth a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That banana split cake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each item looks more delicious than the next. So incredible. You definitely have a talent for deciding what to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fantastic day of food! Kind of beats my bowl of Cheerios this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have much better food days than I do — everything looks delicious. I'm particularly inspired by the Caesar salad. And now I'm craving a pink grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I nominated your blog for a Liebster award! Details are on my blog in the most recent post - Paninis, Tater Tots and Blog Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stacy, I'll try to send you the recipe soon. And thanks.

    Heather, well...maybe I agree. But have you ever microwaved a few tablespoons of Daiya just to eat with a fork? Um...neither have I.

    Carissa, you've missed some pregnancy posts, girl.

    Michelle, I feel like we can stop using other chocolate syrup now.

    bitt, aw, I'm so sorry for ya. May you feel better so very soon.

    Ingrid, thanks for your nice comment. I'm here to inspire!

    Rose, ooo, thanks! I know some people just don't like rice pasta, but we've had it so frequently now, I just can't really tell a difference.

    Pam, I got it at the WF in Dallas, but now our WF has it, as well.

    vava vegan, apparently, I've indulged a bit much because I've gained 16 pounds the past 2 months with this pregnancy. Thank you for your nice comment.

    Mandee, thanks for stopping by.

    SV, that's a really nice compliment. I don't like to waste calories on something so-so.

    blessedmama, I hope you are able to enjoy a great food day soon. But there's nothing shabby about a bowl of cereal, in my opinion.

    Andrea, I've been eating grapefruit a lot lately. And I can't even talk enough about how much I love this salad dressing.

    Sheridan, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fabulous!!! I haven't seen that chocoagave yet....will keep my eyes peeled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Arils, I knew they had a name, but I always call them seeds. My kids are huge pom fans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to taste this Banana Split Cake , it looks so delicious , after a dinner , Banana Split Cake can be a good option !

    ReplyDelete