Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin & Spider Web Shaped Pizza


Friday night, we enjoyed Vegan Planet's idea for Pumpkin Face Baked Oatmeal. Tonight I continued to borrow her fun ideas with these pizzas. And I even got a, "You're the best Mom ever," out of it, so thanks, Robin.

I used this recipe for the crust and followed VP's "orange" idea of blending cream cheese with tomato sauce and cut olives for the facial features. I used my pumpkin cookie cutter to make "little pizzas."

I also made two larger (dough rolled out and cut into circles using my Kitchen Aid mixer bowl) pizzas. I piped a garbanzo bean/nutritional yeast cheeze sauce for the web and used her spider idea.

Heading back into the kitchen to start making some of Forks and Beans amazing-looking candy bars for tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. These are all so cute!!! You definitely ARE the best mom ever :) Can't wait to see what treats you have on tap for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pizzas look so cute and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best mom ever!! These are so cute and awesome; I love the spider! Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun - love that. You save me one right??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, and tasty-looking too. How's the nooch/chickpea combo stack up compared to Daiya? I'm somewhat of a daiya loyalist these days when it comes to pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job cutting those olives just so! Very realistic looking - good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree, Best Mom Ever award goes to you. I'm sure the pizzas tasted as good as they looked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, and so so cute! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness!!! these are so adorable!! although my daughter would not eat these because she hates anything spiders!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic ideas, I will be using them year round for my two boys. They will love the "ick" factor of the spider web pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, everyone! I can't take credit for the idea, but we had fun implementing it. And I'm definitely not the best mom ever, unfortunately, but it's nice to hear from them once in awhile.

    Stacy, it was leftover Mmm Sauce from Peas and Thank You. I can't live without my Daiya, but we were out this particular night. And I figured it was easier to pipe the sauce than try to get grated Daiya in straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely adorable. :) I love watching your motivation to continue preparing all of these super-creative meals for your family! If I'm ever a mom, I'm taking notes from you. ;)

    ReplyDelete