Sunday, May 11, 2014

Another School Lunch Post

When I blog so infrequently, it's a bit of a challenge to recall what the foods were that I took photos of. I really don't know why I continue to take pictures of so much of the food we eat. It's a habit or an addiction, I guess. Or maybe just optimism that one day I will blog again regularly. I'm going to take a shot at some of these school lunches from the past many months.

baby carrots, grape tomatoes, strawberries, baked Snapea Crisps, and part of a Tofurky kielbasa, and pizza that appears (judging from the crust, but I could be wrong) to be a leftover piece from Mellow Mushroom

watermelon, a mandarin orange, toast with Earth Balance, pasta with black beans, olive oil, nutritional yeast, etc.

grape tomatoes, cucumbers, salad with dressing, watermelon, pasta with tomato sauce and nutritional yeast, etc.

Gardein slider (I think this was the Chik'n one, perhaps.), tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, chips, and vegan marshmallows

mini pitas, hummus inside the container, carrots, a mandarin orange,  Hilary's veggie bites, applesauce

 raspberries, chips,  a Justin's PB cup, an Amy's bean burrito

Back to Nature Multi-Seed Rice Thin Crackers, hummus, smoked almonds, blueberries, carrots

   
blueberries, celery, Stretch Island (no added sugar) fruit chews, an Amy's gluten-free burrito

carrots, a leftover Valentine's Day cupcake, cantaloupe, and your guess is as good as mine as to what's inside that sandwich...I'm guessing nut butter and fruit spread. On a side note, the little Wilton decoration is not something you see with me often but is a result of my love (and respect to the fact that she eats vegan and healthy typically) for my candy-obsessed girl whose eyes widen with glee at the sight of all things chemically colored and preserved.

16 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day Jenny! You take such good care of all yr kids and the love and thoughtfulness shows in all the meals! I am very impressed with yr ability to change the meals up, and keep yr children healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes!!! And thank you for all your compliments; as always, you are too kind.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Mother's Day Jenny!! I second FF's sentiments, you are such a loving and thoughtful mother who is not only feeding her kids gorgeous healthy meals, but teaching them about health and creating great habits for them to take into the future.

    The lunches are all so fun, colorful and healthy... the kinds of lunches I wish I had when I was a kid. I've mentioned this is the past but I really love the containers you use too. So cute all around. They are very lucky to have a mommy like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean seriously, I wish was as wonderful as you guys make me sound! :) Thank you for the Mother's Day happiness and everything all around.

      Delete
  3. These are my favorite posts of yours. I'll never forget the PB & Jelly Sandwich that you nibbled into the shape of an 'F' for your firstborn son.

    As usual, good job churning out all those cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I forgot about that. Good memory. Thanks!!!!

      Delete
  4. This fall I'll go from packing lunches 2 days a week, to 5 days...I'm glad I've bookmarked your lunch box posts for inspiration! So healthy and appealing.

    Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, too! Good luck with your extra work packing lunches! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. We LOVE those Snapeas! 11 year old eats them like they are going out of style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, yeah, they ask for them every time they see them at the store.

      Delete
  6. I love your lunch photos! It just goes to show how much variety you can put into a lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat the same thing for lunch every day, so I don't want to make them, either! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  7. When I see the photos of your kids' lunches, for a moment I always wish I could go back in time and make lunches like that for my kids. But then I realize that I probably wouldn't do it, and I'm just glad my kids got the lunches they did. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I would have at least put in an effort at all to make my lunches in high school. I just bought a fundraiser candybar every day, and my mom didn't pack me anything. I have no memory of my elementary lunches...other than my fried egg sandwiches in kindergarten.

      Delete
  8. I love making lunch boxes even though I am only making then for myself. Your lunch boxes there look super yummy and so creative. Oh, the bean burrito, I want one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could always go for one of those bean burritos. :) Thank you very much!

      Delete