Monday, June 28, 2010

Sweet Art Bakery in St. Louis

Note: Trip was April 2010; I'm reposting an edited version from my other blog.

My brother-in-law Andy had been planning a way to make Cary's birthday special. He wanted to surprise her with a vegan weekend in Chicago. He knew he's not the best vegetarian restaurant partner...luckily, he knew the perfect person for the job. (Actually people, but our other sister Tracy bailed on us. And thankfully, my momma and dad were able to keep the kids so that I could go.)

Anyway, I drove up to St. Louis without her knowledge. I called Andy when I arrived at midnight, and he took their dog outside. I went back in with them, and I ran into the bedroom where Cary was sitting on the bed. She screamed and may or may not have let an expletive escape. Apparently, though, it's scary when an unidentifiable person wearing a baseball cap jumps on your bed. Hopefully, she was excited after the initial fright.

By the time we left for Chicago the next day, it was lunchtime so we stopped at
Sweet Art Bakery in St. Louis.

We love Sweet Art. I don't think it's been around for too long, it's really cute, and it's right up our alley. They have great sandwiches, etc...

and, of course, yummy desserts.

We may or may not have also got a few other vegan desserts for our car trip.

The following weekend, we headed back to St. Louis. Cary put together a successful 2nd birthday party for Winnie complete with beautiful decorations, cute snacks, and a loftful of guests.

Vegan cupcakes from Sweet Art to top it all off.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a cool place! Those cupcakes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Meet me in St. Louie (for some cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete